Ludlow DAB

All your radio discussions in here. Feel free to talk about anything you like.
Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Ludlow DAB

Post by Dave »

Murfin Media have won the Ludlow/Leominster/Tenbury DAB by default; no other bidders.

150 watts from the Clee Hill site, only two services at launch, Sunshine and Wyvern
Andy Hicks
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Ludlow DAB

Post by Andy Hicks »

Plenty of entertainment for the livestock then.
If you think I care, you're too far gone.
fm man
Forum User
Forum User

Post by fm man »

dab dead & burried; pontless....
Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

42,000 adults on patch apparently. This is only going to fly because they own the Clee Hill TX Site...
Andy Hicks
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Andy Hicks »

fm man wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:32 pm dab dead & burried; pontless....
Can't agree with this.
The only time I listen to fm now is to bandscan the pirates. If I have the radio on then it's dab all the time, or Apple Music mostly.
Mike
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mike »

Andy Hicks wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:50 pm
Can't agree with this.
The only time I listen to fm now is to bandscan the pirates. If I have the radio on then it's dab all the time, or Apple Music mostly.
I'd rather just find the station's stream and listen online instead of using DAB - the bitrate is usually beyond shite on most multiplexes (and mono too for a lot of stations), and that horrible gurgly sound when the reception breaks down... I listen to FM in the car (but that's because my car is pretty much an antique :lol: )
Andy Hicks
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Andy Hicks »

Mike wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:38 pm
Andy Hicks wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:50 pm
Can't agree with this.
I'd rather just find the station's stream and listen online instead of using DAB - the bitrate is usually beyond shite on most multiplexes (and mono too for a lot of stations), and that horrible gurgly sound when the reception breaks down... I listen to FM in the car (but that's because my car is pretty much an antique :lol: )
Funny that you should say that, up until last weekend I'd not really been able to do that around by me, my network was pretty awful and only really covered by a EE, who I refused to use. I sort of bit the bullet and went Plusnet Mobile last weekend so now I have data coverage locally. So the last two days I've gone to and from my employment hovel while streaming rather than DABing.
Although for the last decade it's been dab.