Upload Formats

Need Any Kind Of Support ? Here's The Place To Ask.
Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Upload Formats

Post by Dave »

I've been saying I'm going to rip my MD collection for some time, and I'm going to get started.

I was thinking 64k AAC would be a good size/quality trade off (my MDs are all MD-LP Mono). Everything on here is currently MP3.

Any thoughts?
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Upload Formats

Post by Steve Marshall »

What encoder are you gonna use to encode these?

If you are gonna rip them and rip them once, i'd be inclined to say go for atleast 80k instead of 64k as hard drive space is getting cheaper and cheaper all the time and the higher bitrate will also remove some of the metalicness from the rip ;)

CBR or VBR ?

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

I was thinking VBR and Nero.

I've got a Sony MZ-RH1 which can export to WAV over USB.

This'll be final rip cos I want to dispose of the discs afterwards. What d'ya want?
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

You put them into whatever format you like, as i can convert anything here if needs be. I have used the Nero encoder myself before now and it always seemed to be fine.

What i would say to you though is being as you want to get rid of your minidiscs, do a good quality rip at a nice high bitrate because once you throw away the originals, thats it ;) The same would go to anyone who is going to convert anything from tape etc. Nice high bitrate, ripped in stereo NOT mono and all should be good :)

What have you got then Dave? Is this Dimension stuff or something else?

If you're thinking about uploading a lot of stuff to us, then let me know and i'll sort you some FTP access to do so, to avoid the Megaupload client, as it can be a bit crap at times :(

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

The stuff that will be new to you is mainly Dimension FM Sunday night chatshows - but, I'm going to re-rip everything, as a lot of my stuff was originally done at 64k mp3. I had MD from summer 99 onwards, so I'll hopefully be able to provide some of the best quality Groove recordings out there.

I've got some "off the mixer" Powerhouse (2006 incarnation) to do as well - but I think you have all that?

Other than that, got some London Stuff (mainly Shine), Sound FM (Merseyside), Kiss 100 (Bam Bam Breakfast, Friday Night Kiss), quite a few whole Chris Moyles afternoon shows, and um - we'll see as we go - I don't really know what's there :)
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

I've wacked a load of 2006 PHR (not got any off the mixer stuff) into the 4shared folder, i think thats pretty much all i've got, either that or i stopped uploading at the point i got bored :D Might have some more, dunno as i appear to have mis-placed a hard drive with stuff on, 60GB i think :o :shock: :sign :hitwall

We need to get Spangles to give us some info for the Dimension page, that needs doing asap as we were just linking directly to the Dimension site before, however that is no longer there so we need that sorting along with some audio for it too, so this will come at the right time. Will get that all sorted within the next couple of months :)