Fader start question

Need Any Kind Of Support ? Here's The Place To Ask.
sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Fader start question

Post by sunrise »

I've been playing with some old gear I'd had lying around for a while but not really used. I've fitted it all up tonight and I'm wondering about the fader starts. I have a Denon 4000, a Kam KHD2000 (both which have 3.5mm sockets for remote start) and a Behringer DX1000 with start buttons at the bottom of each fader. Am I right in saying all I need is a 6mm jack from the Behringer to a 3.5mm jack on the Denon and Kam respectively to link them? no relays or anything daft in between? Chris thinks it will work but I'm of the mind it'll want external power. I've read the standard is 5v? Not played with this before and I'm going to have a go tomorrow so if anyone knows for sure let me know.
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 18 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.
Sparkgap
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Fader start question

Post by Sparkgap »

Stick a meter on and see what you're getting off the decks. The Behringer contacts are rated 30V/50mA so provided the remotes from your decks aren't more than this you'll be ok. AFAIK you don't need external power for remotes.
sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Post by sunrise »

I've half sussed it last week. I've gone like this:

Player tip to Behringer Tip
Behringer Sleeve to GND
No return of Behringer sleeve to player.

That starts the player but then wont stop it. I've used it like that for the last 2 weeks so its not all that bad.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 18 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.
Sparkgap
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Sparkgap »

??? You should have the return wired in as well as I assume you're getting the return via earth at the moment so could be your problem with it not stopping. Or is it one of those decks where you press button once for start and again for stop, ie not continuous switching?
sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Post by sunrise »

sparkgap wrote:You should have the return wired in as well
That's what I thought, and also how I wired it first.

When I did that nothing worked.