Rise Fm Dudley West Midlands

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
DJ Phaze

Rise Fm Dudley West Midlands

Post by DJ Phaze »

Just found a couple of old flyers from Rise FM
We were broadcasting in late 80s - early 90s

Will post more soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paround70

Re: Rise Fm Dudley West Midlands

Post by paround70 »

I have some even older ones! The one you posted phaze was done by Daren (Frame) when he worked at the print shop! Do you ever see him about these days? The ones I'll dig out are the original ones I did back in 88-89 (mainly featuring ripped off b boys with guns!)

I'm thinking of a crazy notion of a re-union and net radio one off.
What you think? Just need to trace Scott, Darren, Dean, Bobby and Packer to make a full set!

Paul (dj roundy and later on boy wonder)
DJ Phaze

Post by DJ Phaze »

nice to see you on here kidda, not seen daz for ages but should be able to track him thru etchells
would love to see them flyers you have, oh and I still cherish that copy of techno bass you sold me all those years ago :o)

here`s another old flyer, this one was done by Sam, whats he calling himself these days ?

paround70

Post by paround70 »

Ah Techno Bass, I'd totally forgot about that record! I wonder if the bass is as low as I remember it on that?

Sam's now going under the name of Harvey K-tel I think.

I tracked down Dean, he's still round gornal way and Scott now lives in Spain. DD lives on outskirts of brum and Gurmeet travels the world! (but comes back every 3 months). Bobby and packer are hard to find but I've found Garrett who knocked around with them so I'll see if he knows. I'd really like to get hold of Bobby because last I heard he had loads of tape recordings of the show.

I'll upload those flyers as soon as I can get hold of a working scanner, I've two here but both have decided they don't work anymore!

catch you later!
sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Post by sunrise »

Telephone no as given each week
That phrase brings back fond memories of the Sunday-only broadcasts we used to do. At first we used to get someone to walk a 5 mile round trip to a phonebox :)
For those of you who don't know what a phone box is, google it.
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 18 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.
paround70

Post by paround70 »

The joys of living pre mobile, fortunately the telephone box was only up the road for us and we'd have a rotation of people waiting there to answer the calls. No one else got to use it on Sundays!
Scott Davis
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Scott Davis »

Yes, I think we've all had to use a telephone box for calls at some point back in the days!

I'm sure I used to have a bit of Rise FM on tape somewhere, will have to have a look when I get chance.
Exile FM (1989 - 1994)
Groove FM (1998 - 2001)

https://youtube.com/@ExileRadio
paround70

Post by paround70 »

Ah, I remember you Scott on Exile! May have met you on a couple of occasions when me and Sam did a couple of shows on there playing progressive house. How's it going, what do you do with yourself these days?

If you could dig out any recordings of Rise that would be brilliant! Happy days, do you remember a station called Starlight fm?
Mysterylady

Re: starlight fm

Post by Mysterylady »

Hi there, Check Alex spadavecchia sound cloud for early starlight fm recordings http://soundcloud.com/alex-spadavecchia ... lee-fisher
http://soundcloud.com/alex-spadavecchia ... ht-fm-pt-2
Bobski

Post by Bobski »

Old school Rise fm sticker yes I still alive bobski :rolleye :D