IDE to SATA advice please

Need Any Kind Of Support ? Here's The Place To Ask.
sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

IDE to SATA advice please

Post by sunrise »

Just bought 2 of these with the intention of backing up 2 old IDE drives. Trouble is my machine hangs and wont boot up once these bastard things are plugged in. Anyone got any ideas? Since my last machine bought the farm last week I don't even have the software on this new pc for I need for work as its on the old IDE drives that I now cant access. I've asked the seller but all I got was an incoherent dribble of unintelligible broken English, something about testing the connections with a network cable tester?????? dafuq?
Here is the offending article:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IDE-HDD-to-SA ... 5659444304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Running Windows XP x64, if that makes a difference.
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 18 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Re: IDE to SATA advice please

Post by Steve Marshall »

Just plug one in, you don't need two of them, do one drive at a time.

If your machine still hangs, check the settings in your bios and make sure your machine is not trying to boot from this device.

XP 64bit?? Time you upgraded to 7 mate ;)

sunrise
Forum User
Forum User

Re: IDE to SATA advice please

Post by sunrise »

I ended up buying a dock, although those dodgy adaptors looks to have fried one of my drives.

I didn't choose XP64, it was "chosen" for me :)
The Ted Bundy of Radio Forums.
sunrise wrote: I have the same points of view that I had 18 years ago, and everyone is still entitled to them.