Black Country Radio

All your radio discussions in here. Feel free to talk about anything you like.
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Black Country Radio

Post by Steve Marshall »

Dave wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:53 pm Directional with most radiation between 30 and 60 degrees (North East) with up to 20dB of cut particularly to the South.

Am I reading this wrong or does that suggest they're throwing signal at Castle Hill which will then block it by virtue of being taller?
Yep :rolleye

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

Heard Ade Marxx on earlier and left it on for a bit.

DAB and both FMs are out of sync. Fairly painful to listen to in a moving car...
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

Both the FM's are out of sync or where, same thing.

Dave
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Dave »

Yeah, but my car will swap between DAB and FM automatically as well, so effectively three out of sync rigs. Right mess.
Gary Edwards
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Gary Edwards »

They are on the North Birmingham DAB as well, and guess what? That is out of sync with Dudley too.

There are some places where it switches between that and Dudley DAB for more fun and games...
Andy Hicks
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Andy Hicks »

Gary Edwards wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:11 pm They are on the North Birmingham DAB as well, and guess what? That is out of sync with Dudley too.

There are some places where it switches between that and Dudley DAB for more fun and games...
Dave wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:54 am Yeah, but my car will swap between DAB and FM automatically as well, so effectively three out of sync rigs. Right mess.
Yup. Same here.
At least where I live which is the wrong side of Dudley and Sedgley)for the DAB to be listenable, the fm just flicks between the two every few seconds and is awful.
When Ade Marks was on Sundays I'd just tell Siri to stream it because the fm was ridiculous after 922 switched on.
If you think I care, you're too far gone.