Freedom 95.1

All Current Pirate Related Chat In Here
Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Re: Freedom 95.1

Post by Steve Marshall »

Humm, hang on a minute you said that everything today is too processed but your settings will be louder than BCR and Free, so that means you will be more processed than they are ????

As for this old skool separation thing, sorry you have a left channel and a right channel, its nothing new and you can't and won't be reinventing that. I do really hope your idea here isn't to turn on that god awful stereo enhancer in whatever processing you are planning to use, because you'll just be adding yet more processing to the sound and one that will make your audio sound really bad :(

I don't see how anyone can say doing stereo these days is hard, why is it? Nothing has changed since the 90's except people aren't silly enough to use band 1 links now, well i certainly hope they aren't. Maybe the stations now don't bother with stereo as it lowers the cost of the equipment and then removes all the hiss and crackle for people driving around in cars.

WayneN
Forum User
Forum User

Post by WayneN »

Yeah it gonna be processed too hell just to fit in on the dial its just how its processed i think but beyond my ears now im getting rogger on the right and larry on the left and wonderfull 70s 80s rock music , but flaw in my plan is the stereo hardware really dont like RF much above 80watts and ive been testing in only car i got running here and it from 90s so might be giving me false hope in a modern world :(
Just waiting to do another test see wot me get i was hoping to turn amp to over 100w first give it a fighting chance but not playing ball.
On a lighter note Mr Marshall you would be horrified with the audio feed lead its an old taped together phono lead i found rolled up in a rig that broke 1993 so sure ya can see the retro nod and irony esp when BCR had £100k to build a studio and i use and old tandy phono lead and mixer LOL
livendirect
Forum User
Forum User

Post by livendirect »

wayne i can send you our present from 2021 in lock down fusion fm
WayneN
Forum User
Forum User

Post by WayneN »

We love presents glad to receive.
Back in UK Tomorrow with bag full of Dutch Madness from our Dutch Engineers hopefully a stereo test soon
WayneN
Forum User
Forum User

Post by WayneN »

First Step
we need to make some nice old skool stereo audio so lets mix the retro with the modern, and the Tandy mixer rules out modern DSP and phantom power and all that crap ya dont need and i just love it. if i had my way we would be running commodore amigas instead of pcs

Mark
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mark »

Steve Marshall
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Steve Marshall »

I see the DSP sound card there on the left hand side, and would that be a condenser mic there behind the mic shield?

WayneN
Forum User
Forum User

Post by WayneN »

Yeah is ebay finest condenser into the tandy mixer can't use the 48v real mics on that mixer. The bonus of the tandy is it treats the + and - on each channel separate and combined with the magic pc sound card which treats them the same it's helping lots. But I am deaf in 1 ear 👂 so who knows
Mark
Forum User
Forum User

Post by Mark »

Freedom testing on 99.7 FM right now signal ok but not that strong in South Brum.
I needed to fiddle with my aerial a bit. But signal is listenable.
But liking what I'm hearing.
WayneN
Forum User
Forum User

Post by WayneN »

How's audio ? there is a power problem